Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hello, Again!

Well, I'm back.

After a layoff of more than two years, I've decided to return to the Internet to discuss local sports around San Diego County. However, this is in no way a return of Sandiegosportstown.com. To be honest, there's been so many things going on in sports around here, from the slow start of SDSU football to potential changes for the Padres during the offseason, that I wanted to jump back in with my two-cents worth.

Therefore, while the old Web site was news-oriented, this blog will be for analysis and opinion -- and a chance for readers to sound off and get involved in the discussion. There is still, after two years, nowhere else on the 'net to do something like this on the overall subject of sports in San Diego. I've searched.

I will endeavor to update the blog a couple of times each week. I certainly do not plan the several-times-daily posting cycle of Sandiegosportstown.com (if you read my sign-off message in June 2004, you'll recall my concern about the shrinking amount of time available to produce the site. My concerns proved valid, far more so than expected). I will not publicize the blog much until I'm sure I have time to do this.

Hopefully, you'll find some interesting observations on the local sports scene and will be inspired to participate.

No comments: